The strengths of the Bachelor in Sports Coaching
- A new programme to improve everyone’s well-being!
- The programme is run jointly by several University Colleges, giving it great diversity in terms of culture, organisation and visions of the profession.
- Project-based learning.
- The teaching makes full use of the potential of new and digital technologies.
Good to know
This programme is offered jointly by the University Colleges Francisco Ferrer, Bruxelles-Brabant and Galilée.
About the job
The Sports Coach is a guide to the changes in behaviour needed to help a person achieve their fitness goals. A coach tailors activities both in their physical and mental dimensions to the person. They work with either individuals, groups, or populations, in a sports hall, at home, in public areas or in companies.
The Programme of StudyProgramme
3 years - 180 credits
The Bachelor in Sports Coaching uses the very latest in teaching techniques throughout its courses. It is therefore different to a traditional programme in which students begin by following a large number of theory classes in block 1 before following more practical courses in blocks 2 and 3.
The programme has 5 strands:
- The physiological and biomechanical determinants of health and physical condition;
- Health communication and the relationship with the person whose goal is change;
- Managing a sports organisation;
- Coaching in practice;
- Project management and practice ‘in the field’.
In each of these strands, you’ll follow a series of successive teaching units and undertake an immersion programme of 4 to 6 weeks during which you’ll undertake a real project from start to finish. The project may be an individual or group project and is supervised by a coach.