The strengths of Advanced Bachelor in Perioperative Care
- An evolving programme with the integration of simulation workshops.
- Numerous visits (companies, operating departments, etc.) and participation in national and international conferences.
- A programme in line with the directives of the European Curriculum drawn up by the European Operating Room Nurses Association (EORNA) which leads to the certificate in radiation protection.
Good to know
- The Advanced Bachelor in Perioperative Care is open to holders of the Bachelor: Nursing or a Degree in Nursing (gradué) or holding an equivalent foreign qualification.
- The programme gives access to the specific professional title of Nurse specialised in Perioperative Care, Anaesthesia, Operating Room and Instrumentation Assistance (abridged to Perioperative Care).
A one-year full-time programme with the possibility of flexible arrangements to allow students to combine study with a professional activity.
A career as a Perioperative Care Nurse
The perioperative nurse has the following responsibilities:
- Dealing with patient reception and management in the different functions of the hospital operating department, applying the basic techniques of the different nursing functions in the operating department (operating theatre, circulating, instrument, anesthetist, and assisting with patient care during the operating, etc.);
- Ensuring hospital hygiene, aseptic treatment, various methods of disinfection and sterilisation;
- Participating in administration, and organisation of an operating department and in the management of a multidisciplinary team.
This profession requires great flexibility and versatility due to the variety of surgical disciplines.
The Programme of StudyProgramme
1 year - 60 credits
The theory component is structured around three main themes: profession-relevant sciences, basic and biomedical sciences and human and social sciences.
The programme is delivered in teaching units. For continuing education students, these units can be followed separately and on successful completion students are awarded a HE Vinci Certificate.
In order to optimise the learning of theory and practice, the programme alternates between theory classes and work placements.